CUMC is joining with other West Mobile churches so that members and non-members can seek a safe place to resolve their issues. Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-centered 12-step program that works to identify the root causes of compulsive and addictive behaviors. This program, based on the Beatitudes, shows how the Grace of God is key in obtaining freedom from the chains of addiction.
To help men and women who are bound by compulsive or addictive behaviors find recovery and freedom through Jesus Christ.
When and Where?
Meetings are held in the Fellowship Hall (Building F) every Thursday with dinner at 6:30p.m. and praise & worship at 7p.m.
Childcare is provided for children up to the 5th grade. Your child may eat with you in the Fellowship Hall, or you may bring something for them to eat in the nursery.
What to expect
A typical meeting starts at 6:30p.m. with a light dinner, followed by praise & worship, and a 12-step lesson or testimony. Then we break into small groups where you can safely share your hurts, habits, and hang-ups with others who have similar experiences. The groups are separated for men and women.
Please keep in mind that in order to respect everyone's privacy no pictures or videos will be allowed.
God never wastes a hurt. There is hope at Celebrate Recovery. If you want help or would like to help, please email Donna Alexander to get started.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY SMALL GROUPS CAN:
· Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the "Principles" in a Christ-Centered recovery.
· Provide you a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery's "FIVE RULES."
· Provide you with the opportunity to find an accountability partner or sponsor.
· Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week, if available.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY SMALL GROUPS WILL NOT:
· Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors. We can provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
· Allow its members to attempt to fix one another